API version: 2.0.
Checklist for full integration
|Full and partial Capture|
|Full and partial Refund|
|Shipping Details (For Vipps Hurtigkasse /express checkout only)|
|Remove consent (For Vipps Hurtigkasse /express checkout only)|
|Handle callbacks||Correctly handle callbacks from Vipps, both for successful and unsuccessful payments. See the API documentation for how callback URLs are built, make test calls to make sure you handle the |
|Handle errors||Make sure to log and handle all errors. All integrations should display errors in a way that the users (customers and merchant employees/administrators) can see and understand them.|
|Include Vipps HTTP headers||Send the Vipps HTTP headers in all API requests for better tracking and troubleshooting (mandatory for partners and platforms, who must send these headers as part of the checklist approval).|
|Add information to the payment history||We recommend using the Order Management API to add receipts and/or images to the payment history. This is a great benefit for the end user experience. It is also mandatory for merchants using "Vipps Assisted Content Monitoring".|
Avoid integration pitfalls
|Send useful ||Follow our |
|Poll for payment details||The Merchant must not rely on |
|Handle redirects||The merchant must handle that the |
|Follow design guidelines||The Vipps branding must be according to the Vipps design guidelines.|
|Educate customer support||Make sure your customer service, etc. has all the tools and information they need available in your system, through the APIs listed in the first item in this checklist, and that they do not need to visit portal.vipps.no for normal work.|
Flow to go live for direct integrations
- The merchant orders Vipps på Nett.
- Vipps completes customer control (KYC, PEP, AML, etc.).
- The merchant receives an email from Vipps saying that they can log in with BankID on portal.vipps.no and retrieve API keys.
- The merchant completes all checklist items above. Please double-check to avoid mistakes.
- The merchant verifies the integration in the test environment by checking that
there are test IDs (
orderId) in the Vipps test environment, with the following states:
- The merchant verifies the integration in the production environment (similar to step 5):
- A complete order ending in
- For reserve capture: A complete order ending in
/cancelrequest after reserve).
- We recommend checking this using both the API itself and the API Dashboard, available under Utvikler on portal.vipps.no.
- Please note: Vipps does not do any kind of activation or make any changes based on this checklist. The API keys for the production environment are made available on portal.vipps.no as soon as the customer control (see step 2) is completed, independently of this checklist.
- A complete order ending in
- The merchant goes live 🎉
Flow to go live for direct integrations for Vipps partners
See: Vipps partners.