The Vipps MobilePay API platform
Vipps MobilePay offers several APIs that together form the Vipps MobilePay API platform.
With the Vipps MobilePay API platform, you benefit from a shared API framework for all the APIs. This means that all APIs use the same API keys, authentication methods, terminology, and error message formats. Integrating with our APIs is straightforward, and combining functionalities from multiple APIs is easy.
Important: Integrating with multiple APIs is no more complex than using a single API. The Vipps MobilePay API platform can be treated as a unified API, where each API's endpoints contribute to the overall platform strength.
Additionally, our API platform is extensible: If you have an integration with one API on the API platform, it is easy to use functionality from other APIs on the platform. Whenever a new API is released, existing integrations can easily take advantage of it.
For example, the recently introduced Order Management API enables integrations to seamlessly incorporate digital receipt functionality, and the new Management API allows merchants and partners to manage their sales units, among other things.
APIs for integrating your store or app with Vipps and MobilePay:
- ePayment API - Perform online, POS, QR, and other types of payments using Vipps, MobilePay, or cards. (Will replace the eCom API.)
- Recurring API - Create and manage subscriptions.
- eCom API - Perform payments with Vipps. (Will be replaced by the ePayment API).
- Login API - Confirm the identity of a customer through the Vipps log in process. (Included with ePayment, eCom, Recurring, and Login.)
- Order Management API - Enrich your transactions by attaching images and information. (Included with ePayment, eCom, and Recurring.)
- QR API - Generate and administer QR codes that redirect the user to a URL. (Included with ePayment, eCom, and Recurring.)
- Checkout API - Create an online checkout session where you can handle payment processing, shipping, and gathering user information. (Some eCom or ePayment steps are required.)
- Report API - Retrieve data about orders and settlements. (Included with ePayment, eCom, and Recurring.)
APIs in progress
- Check-in API - Communicate with your customer through the mobile app at the Point of Sale.
- Management API - Manage sales units, get information about merchants, or place orders on behalf of merchants. This will eventually supersede the Partner API.
- Access token API - Obtain an access token to authorize all other API requests. (Included with all APIs.)
- Userinfo API - Get user consent for access to their personal information (e.g., phone number). (Included with ePayment, eCom, Recurring, and Login.)
- Webhooks API - Subscribe to published event types by registering webhooks and will then be notified when any matching events are published that match the given sales unit ID. (Included with ePayment API.)
Special case APIs
- Partner API - Get information about merchants or place orders on behalf of merchants. (Will be replaced by the Management API.)
- PSP API - Initiate and manage the status of PSP payments.
- PSP Signup API - Get information about merchants, create a new sale unit, or update the sale unit details.