The Vipps portal
This page will guide you through the steps to finding API keys and creating test sales units on the Vipps portal (portal.vipps.no).
For more information about the portal, see the help pages on vipps.no (in Norwegian).
How to find the API keys
See Common topics: Getting the API keys.
How to create a test sales unit
- Under Vipps På Nett > Utvikler, select Environment > test.
- Click Add test sales unit.
- Enter the requested properties and click Create.
- Name - Enter the name of your test sales unit.
- Partner - Enter optional partner data (not usually needed).
- Select optional properties:
After a couple of minutes, your new test sales unit will appear in the bottom of the list (possibly after some browser refreshes). Then, you can get the API keys and begin testing.
Please note: It is not possible to change an existing sales unit in the test environment, but you can create as many as you need.
How to setup login on your sales unit
Find your desired sales unit.
- Under Vipps På Nett > Utvikler, select Environment > test, then search for your test sales unit in the list. To create a new test sales unit, see create a new test sales unit.
Click the Setup login button corresponding to your sales unit.
If the first time, click Activate Vipps Login and fill out fields that follow:
Webhook - See Revoke Consent Webhook for details.
Token endpoint authentication method - See Token endpoint authentication method.
Redirect URIs - This creates a list containing URIs which the end user can be redirected to after a Vipps Login authentication. For testing, you could, for example, use http://localhost. See Login API FAQ: What are the requirements for redirect URIs? for details.
- Enter the URI. It must be exactly the same URI that you use when making API requests.
Be careful to note if the actual URI is specified with
redirect_uriwith a trailing slash
- Click Add URI for the one or more URIs you are adding.
- Click Save to save all the URIs.
You can register as many URIs as you want. Specify the URI that will be used with the query parameter,
redirect_uri, on the initial request to the
- Enter the URI. It must be exactly the same URI that you use when making API requests. Be careful to note if the actual URI is specified with
How to create additional users on portal.vipps.no
Merchants may create additional users, both for their own colleagues, accountants, etc - and also for their partner's employees. Or anyone else they want to give access to their sales units.
See: How to add a user on portal.vipps.no.
How to use the API dashboard
See API dashboard.
Permissions and users
Logging into portal.vipps.no requires Norwegian BankID.
If you don't have BankID, or you have BankID but not access to the correct merchant, you will need the merchant's administrator to log in on portal.vipps.no and provide the API keys to you in a secure way.
The merchant's administrator can also create additional users on portal.vipps.no. If you don't know who the administrator is, you can check Brønnøysundregistrene and see who has the right to sign for the company.
If you can log in to portal.vipps.no, but cannot see the Utvikler (developer) selection in the menu, you need to have the merchant's administrator grant you developer access for the sales unit you need access to.
For reseller partners: You will need the merchant's administrator to either:
- Log in to portal.vipps.no and grant you developer access for the necessary sales unit, or
- Provide the API keys to you in a secure way
For more information, see:
For more information about the Vipps Portal, see the help pages on vipps.no (in Norwegian).